What is CUSTODEA
Custodea’s aim is to provide efficient solutions for cultural sector based on open source components. Currently we are focused on the solutions and applications related to digitization. Custodea covers activities related to preparation, realization, management and marketing of open source projects. We, here at Custodea, use our rich project experience and closely cooperate with Europeana project. Apart from providing our applications and system, our idea is also to provide recommendations how to solve whole range of problems in cultural sector. Custodea is open for everyone who would like to contribute in the field of infrastructure of cultural sector on open source basis.
Whom is CUSTODEA for
Custodea solutions are intended mainly for historical and cultural institutions – galleries, museums, libraries, cultural institutes and mass media that need to deal with digitization.
Custodea covers the following areas:
- harvesting of digital content and representations,
- data transformation, conversion among formats, mapping,
- creation and storage of metadata,
- metadata search,
- dealing with authority vocabularies, vocabulary management,
- storing and publishing of data (digital library, digital repository),
- provision of data – e.g. for Europeana and other institutions,
- presentation of content.